Tuesday, December 12, 2006

 

First binary release

Compiling and deploying MyNC system is not an obvious task, but it is not hard either. I think that a project like MyNC should be distributed in two forms: source code tarballs and LiveCD images, plus SVN repository for developers. LiveCD that I've prepared seems to work, I've tested it on several computers already and everything went fine except on my old system with Matrox G400 video adapter: X.org refuses to work with it. Problems with the kernel have been holding me for almost two weeks: instantly I've discovered that my last modifications were working only on systems with IO-APIC, so I've decided to upgrade to the newest kernel version and have reworked the patch. The result is now available through sf.net file release system. And this is the first time I disclose the patch, here it is: http://mync.sourceforge.net/kernel.html

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?